You can now find the full show notes of the Crossing Borders podcast on LatamList.com’s new podcast section. I’ll still post the audio of the podcast on my blog and I’m planning to start writing more again on my blog, like I used to.
Subscribe to the LatamList Weekly newsletter to get updated on the week’s top tech news and stories from the region.
Thanks for listening to Crossing Borders all these years! If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out here, or contact me on social media.
Outline of this episode:
- 2:10 – Nathan introduces Matias
- 3:24 – Why Fanatiz?
- 4:58 – Did you always know you would be an entrepreneur?
- 6:45 – Trying to get students into entrepreneurship in 2008
- 8:35 – Getting involved at Start-Up Chile
- 11:02 – The early days of SUP Chile
- 13:12 – For-profit conservation with Patagonia Sur
- 15:07 – Highlights of projects with Patagonia Sur
- 20:21 – Philanthropy in Latin America
- 22:44 – What role do tax incentives play in philanthropy?
- 25:05 – Angel investment as philanthropy
- 25:40 – The Stanford MBA
- 27:13 – Takeaways from time at Stanford
- 28:22 – How to watch soccer abroad without Fanatiz
- 30:12 – Matias’ marketing tips for entrepreneurs
- 34:18 – What’s next for Fanatiz?
- 35:53 – What’s next for the Latin American ecosystem?
- 38:14 – Advice for US investors looking at LatAm
- 39:04 – Advice for LatAm founders looking to raise
- 42:05 – Matias’ advice to his younger self