You can now find the full show notes of the Crossing Borders podcast on LatamList.com’s new podcast section. I’ll still post the audio of the podcast on my blog and I’m planning to start writing more again on my blog like I used to.
Subscribe to the LatamList Weekly newsletter to get updated on the week’s top tech news and stories from the region.
Thanks for listening to Crossing Borders all these years! If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out here, or contact me on social media.
Outline of this episode:
- [01:02] – About Monty
- [08:04] – Growth after going public
- [13:50] – The market crash
- [15:37] – Market behavior during downturns
- [20:33] – Closing a deal with Sony
- [22:23] – Lessons learned
- [24:30] – Going from 3 to 400 people
- [28:06] – Advisors during the downturns
- [31:08] – Recognizing bubbles
- [37:12] – The drip of bad news
- [42:13] – Surviving a market downturn
- [37:12] – Lay-offs
- [52:24] – Founders’ most precious assets