You can now find the full show notes of the Crossing Borders podcast on LatamList.com’s new podcast section. I’ll still post the audio of the podcast on my blog and I’m planning to start writing more again on my blog, like I used to.
Subscribe to the LatamList Weekly newsletter to get updated on the week’s top tech news and stories from the region.
Thanks for listening to Crossing Borders all these years! If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out here, or contact me on social media.
Outline of this episode:
- [1:47] – About InEvent
- [3:27] – Growing up in Salvador, Brazil
- [3:58] – Becoming an entrepreneur
- [5:28] – Lessons learned from previous businesses
- [7:11] – Why InEvent?
- [8:32] – Reaction of friends & family
- [9:26] – São Carlos’ ecosystem
- [11:33] – InEvent’s inflection point
- [13:50] – Setting up the business
- [15:05] – Deciding to bootstrap
- [16:46] – Fundraising in the US
- [19:36] – Advice to other Latam SaaS companies
- [22:17] – Pre and post-COVID-19
- [24:12] – Managing a team remotely
- [25:40] – Advice to younger self
- [26:58] – Books, blogs, & podcast recommendations
- [28:08] – What’s next for InEvent?