You can now find the full show notes of the Crossing Borders podcast on LatamList.com’s new podcast section. I’ll still post the audio of the podcast on my blog and I’m planning to start writing more again on my blog, like I used to.
Subscribe to the LatamList Weekly newsletter to get updated on the week’s top tech news and stories from the region.
Thanks for listening to Crossing Borders all these years! If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out here, or contact me on social media.
Outline of this episode:
- [1:10] – About Houm
- [2:28] – Pain points of the real estate industry in LatAm
- [4:00] – A family of real estate developers
- [5:32] – On Chilean talent
- [7:33] – Jumping into tech
- [8:35] – Switching from the investment side to running a startup
- [10:05] – Basics of renting a property
- [13:20] – Speeding up the renting process
- [16:17] – A change in US investors’ perception
- [18:52] – Challenges of operating remotely
- [20:28] – Advice to entrepreneurs in smaller LatAm countries
- [21:38] – Proptech boom in LatAm
- [22:30] – Books, blogs, & podcast recommendations
- [23:00] – Advice to Benjamin’s younger self