You can now find the full show notes of the Crossing Borders podcast on LatamList.com’s new podcast section. I’ll still post the audio of the podcast on my blog and I’m planning to start writing more again on my blog, like I used to.
Subscribe to the LatamList Weekly newsletter to get updated on the week’s top tech news and stories from the region.
Thanks for listening to Crossing Borders all these years! If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out here, or contact me on social media.
Outline of this episode:
- [1:21] – About Laura and Unima
- [3:12] – Benefits of low-cost diagnostics
- [5:22] – Becoming an entrepreneur
- [8:25] – Founding her first company
- [11:44] – On tech transfers
- [14:31] – Reaction of family and friends
- [16:20] – Pivoting at Mass Challenge
- [20:13] – Human health as a business
- [22:52] – Raising money in LatAm
- [25:24] – Building a COVID-19 test
- [29:00] – Recommended books, blogs, & podcasts
- [31:27] – Advice to Laura’s younger self
- [33:02] – What’s next for Unima?