You can now find the full show notes of the Crossing Borders podcast on LatamList.com’s new podcast section. I’ll still post the audio of the podcast on my blog and I’m planning to start writing more again on my blog, like I used to.
Subscribe to the LatamList Weekly newsletter to get updated on the week’s top tech news and stories from the region.
Thanks for listening to Crossing Borders all these years! If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out here, or contact me on social media.
Outline of this episode:
- [1:25] – About 8base
- [2:50] – Albert’s background
- [4:30] – Finding his calling
- [5:48] – Taking the leap
- [7:38] – Transforming a creature of logic
- [11:12] – 9/11, the dotcom bubble, & 2008 financial crisis
- [13:44] – CareCloud
- [15:10] – Lessons learned from first two companies
- [16:10] – Why 8base?
- [18:20] – A typical 8base client
- [20:20] – Building a startup in Florida
- [21:23] – Remote work post-COVID-19
- [23:26] – Books, blogs, & podcast recommendations
- [24:33] – Advice to Albert’s younger self
- [26:35] – What’s next for 8base?