You can now find the full show notes of the Crossing Borders podcast on LatamList.com’s new podcast section. I’ll still post the audio of the podcast on my blog and I’m planning to start writing more again on my blog, like I used to.
Subscribe to the LatamList Weekly newsletter to get updated on the week’s top tech news and stories from the region.
Thanks for listening to Crossing Borders all these years! If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out here, or contact me on social media.
Outline of this episode:
- [1:20] – About Albo
- [4:20] – Yucatan ecosystem
- [5:50] – Ángel’s first fintech startup
- [7:58] – Investing in Mis Rentas
- [8:56] – Why fintech?
- [10:40] – Albo’s clients
- [13:04] – Market overview in Mexico
- [14:51] – Daily challenges of Albo clients
- [16:30] – Closing an investment round
- [18:46] – Raising globally and investing locally
- [20:58] – Books, blogs, & podcast recommendations
- [22:26] – Advice to Ángel’s younger self
- [22:50] – What’s next for Albo?
It’s been a pleasure to get to know Ángel while supporting him via Magma’s investment in 2018.