You can now find the full show notes of the Crossing Borders podcast on LatamList.com’s new podcast section. I’ll still post the audio of the podcast on my blog and I’m planning to start writing more again on my blog, like I used to.
Subscribe to the LatamList Weekly newsletter to get updated on the week’s top tech news and stories from the region.
Thanks for listening to Crossing Borders all these years! If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out here, or contact me on social media.
Outline of this episode:
- [1:35] – About Mensajeros Urbanos
- [3:06] – Creating a marketplace for flowers in Colombia
- [4:57] – An 18-year old entrepreneur
- [5:52] – Winding down a business as a university student
- [6:34] – Starting over again
- [7:45] – Lessons learned from exiting Starbull
- [10:18] – Mensajeros Urbanos’ story
- [11:35] – Introducing new C-Levels to a company
- [13:12] – Why logistics and last-mile deliveries?
- [14:33] – Inflection point for Mensajers Urbanos
- [15:55] – Looking into other markets
- [17:51] – Growth versus positive unit economics
- [19:48] – Advice to Santiago’s younger self
- [20:21] – Top lessons learned in Santiago’s entrepreneurial journey
- [21:27] – Books, blogs, and podcast recommendations
- [22:23] – Next steps for Mensajeros Urbanos