You can now find the full show notes of the Crossing Borders podcast on LatamList.com’s new podcast section. I’ll still post the audio of the podcast on my blog and I’m planning to start writing more again on my blog, like I used to.
Subscribe to the LatamList Weekly newsletter to get updated on the week’s top tech news and stories from the region.
Thanks for listening to Crossing Borders all these years! If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out here, or contact me on social media.
Outline of this episode:
- [1:30] – About Torre
- [3:47] – An entrepreneur out of necessity
- [5:40] – Starting a business at 14
- [10:38] – Upgrading the business
- [13:36] – Building Voice123
- [16:44] – Choosing a business model out of ignorance
- [19:40] – On going viral with Fred Wilson
- [23:30] – Decision to bootstrap
- [26:30] – Advice to founders on getting started
- [29:50] – Is this a LinkedIn killer?
- [31:40] – Kicking off a moonshot
- [34:09] – Questions Alexander asks himself when brainstorming
- [36:25] – Advice to Alexander’s younger self
- [37:40] – Books, blogs, & podcast recommendations
- [40:15] – What’s next for Torre?