You can now find the full show notes of the Crossing Borders podcast on LatamList.com’s new podcast section. I’ll still post the audio of the podcast on my blog and I’m planning to start writing more again on my blog, like I used to.
Subscribe to the LatamList Weekly newsletter to get updated on the week’s top tech news and stories from the region.
Thanks for listening to Crossing Borders all these years! If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out here, or contact me on social media.
Outline of this episode:
- [1:28] – About Fintual
- [5:03] – Early signs of a businessman
- [7:24] – First job as a young professional
- [8:42] – Getting into QueHambre
- [10:50] – Major takeaways from QueHambre
- [12:08] – QueHambre’s blog post series
- [17:27] – About Platanus
- [20:12] – Creating Buda
- [22:57] – Agustin’s business strategy
- [24:46] – Criteria for choosing a project
- [26:18] – The first Chilean company at YC
- [28:50] – Lessons learned at YC
- [30:25] – Struggling to raise money in Chile
- [32:47] – Changing his view on raising money
- [33:34] – Advice to Agustin’s younger self
- [34:44] – Books, blogs, and podcast recommendations
- [36:44] – Platanus’ Demo Day
- [38:34] – What’s next for Fintual?