Here’s a list of my favorite books of 2008. These weren’t necessarily books published in 2008, but were books that I read this year and enjoyed.
- The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable – Nassim Nicholas Taleb (2007)
- Pop! Why Bubbles are Great for the Economy – Daniel Gross (2007)
- Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed – Jared Diamond (2005)
- Gang Leader for a Day: A Rouge Sociologist Takes to the Streets – Sudhir Venkatesh (2008)
- How Soccer Explains the World: An Unlikely Theory of Globalization – Franklin Foer (2005)