You can now find the full show notes of the Crossing Borders podcast on LatamList.com’s new podcast section. I’ll still post the audio of the podcast on my blog and I’m planning to start writing more again on my blog, like I used to.
Subscribe to the LatamList Weekly newsletter to get updated on the week’s top tech news and stories from the region.
Thanks for listening to Crossing Borders all these years! If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out here, or contact me on social media.
Outline of this episode:
- [01:20] – About Canary
- [03:20] – Early-stage startup thesis
- [07:01] – Izabel’s background
- [09:21] – Evolution of the startup ecosystem
- [13:48] – Expanding to other countries in LatAm
- [16:04] – Lessons learned as an investor and advice for founders
- [20:27] – Why did Canary choose to invest in early-stage startups?
- [24:17] – Advice to founders that want to partner with Canary
- [25:51] – Biggest leverage points for founders and lessons learned helping entrepreneurs on their journey.
- [27:57] – Advice to younger self
- [29:20] – Podcast recommendations