You can now find the full show notes of the Crossing Borders podcast on LatamList.com’s new podcast section. I’ll still post the audio of the podcast on my blog and I’m planning to start writing more again on my blog, like I used to.
Subscribe to the LatamList Weekly newsletter to get updated on the week’s top tech news and stories from the region.
Thanks for listening to Crossing Borders all these years! If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out here, or contact me on social media.
Outline of this episode:
- [01:50] – About Listopro
- [03:50] – About Revelo
- [08:30] – Lucas’ background
- [12:42] – Giuseppe’s background
- [16:55] – Giuseppe as part of Linio, Rocket Internet and LSE’s mafia
- [19:52] – Lucas’ decision to pivot to HR in tech
- [22:41] – Lessons learned by Lucas with his first startup
- [25:09] – Advice from Lucas on fundraising
- [28:18] – What’s wrong with incentives in VC
- [30:55] – Giuseppe on fundraising for Listopro
- [34:10] – Revelo’s expansion outside Brazil
- [36:59] – Acquisition deal between Revelo and Listopro
- [40:50] – Book and podcast recommendations by Lucas
- [41:45] – Book and podcast recommendations by Giuseppe
- [43:00] – Giuseppe’s advice to younger self
- [44:55] – Lucas’ advice to younger self
- [47:23] – What’s next for Revelo and Listopro