You can now find the full show notes of the Crossing Borders podcast on LatamList.com’s new podcast section. I’ll still post the audio of the podcast on my blog and I’m planning to start writing more again on my blog, like I used to.
Subscribe to the LatamList Weekly newsletter to get updated on the week’s top tech news and stories from the region.
Thanks for listening to Crossing Borders all these years! If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out here, or contact me on social media.
Outline of this episode:
- [2:12] – About Centeo
- [2:56] – Growing up in Colombia
- [3:28] – Choosing to be an entrepreneur
- [4:11] – Culture shocks in Latin America
- [5:34] – First business: Sirius
- [6:48] – Advice to entrepreneurs on developing a product
- [9:48] – Starting a cashflow business
- [11:06] – Payu’s milestones
- [13:35] – On raising money after bootstrapping
- [15:15] – Expanding Payu
- [16:26] – Starting Zinobe
- [20:26] – Next project: Centeo
- [22:16] – Lessons learned as an angel investor
- [24:18] – Advice to Martin’s younger self
- [26:12] – What’s next for Zinobe and Centeo?