You can now find the full show notes of the Crossing Borders podcast on LatamList.com’s new podcast section. I’ll still post the audio of the podcast on my blog and I’m planning to start writing more again on my blog, like I used to.
Subscribe to the LatamList Weekly newsletter to get updated on the week’s top tech news and stories from the region.
Thanks for listening to Crossing Borders all these years! If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out here, or contact me on social media.
Outline of this episode:
- [00:01] – Introduction to this episode
- [01:20] – About Oxio
- [03:23] – From working for the government to entrepreneurship
- [05:51] – Wireless communication
- [07:43] – Biggest lessons from working for the government
- [10:49] – Biggest lessons learned from the financial crisis
- [14:37] – How Oxio came to be
- [16:22] – The affordability of mobile connectivity
- [19:07] – About Brand IQ
- [22:29] – Why is Latinamerica a great place to invest?
- [26:43] – How crypto and Web3 apply to telecom
- [33:15] – Advice to a young Nicolas