You can now find the full show notes of the Crossing Borders podcast on LatamList.com’s new podcast section. I’ll still post the audio of the podcast on my blog and I’m planning to start writing more again on my blog, like I used to.
Subscribe to the LatamList Weekly newsletter to get updated on the week’s top tech news and stories from the region.
Thanks for listening to Crossing Borders all these years! If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out here, or contact me on social media.
Outline of this episode:
- [2:47] – About La Haus
- [3:21] – Growing up in Tijuana, Mexico
- [4:07] – Studying in the US
- [6:43] – From computer nerd to finance
- [8:51] – Leaving Lehman Brothers
- [10:45] – Choosing Stanford over Harvard
- [12:30] – A life-changing trip to Colombia
- [15:00] – Building blocks for La Haus
- [16:37] – Latin America’s broken real estate industry
- [20:35] – From idea to solution
- [23:29] – Raising money in Colombia
- [25:57] – Bootstrapping La Haus
- [28:23] – Advice to Rodrigo’s younger self
- [30:29] – Books, blogs, & podcast recommendations