You can now find the full show notes of the Crossing Borders podcast on LatamList.com’s podcast section. I’ll still post the audio of the podcast on my blog and I’m planning to start writing more again on my blog, like I used to.
Subscribe to the LatamList Weekly newsletter to get updated on the week’s top tech news and stories from the region.
Thanks for listening to Crossing Borders all these years! If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out here, or contact me on social media.
Outline of this episode:
- [01:57] – Overview of ecommerce and payments in Latam
- [03:31] – On becoming an entrepreneur
- [04:52] – Coming back to Latam to start a company
- [06:04] – Things learned in the financial industry
- [07:50] – Differences between launching a startup in the US vs launching one in Latam
- [10:11] – The process of picking an idea
- [12:51] – Discussing product
- [14:50] – The real problem around payments in Latin America
- [16:20] – Starting operations
- [18:25] – Advice to other founders
- [20:07] – Talking about fundraising
- [22:22] – Founders’ mistakes in fundraising
- [26:11] – The future for Addi
- [27:23] – Advice to Santiago (before launching a startup)