You can now find the full show notes of the Crossing Borders podcast on LatamList.com’s new podcast section. I’ll still post the audio of the podcast on my blog and I’m planning to start writing more again on my blog, like I used to.
Subscribe to the LatamList Weekly newsletter to get updated on the week’s top tech news and stories from the region.
Thanks for listening to Crossing Borders all these years! If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out here, or contact me on social media.
Outline of this episode:
- [1:37] – About Leal
- [3:11] – Customer engagement in LatAm
- [6:33] – Growing up in El Salvador
- [9:05] – Becoming an entrepreneur
- [13:12] – Leaving a stable job
- [15:04] – Florence’s inflection point
- [17:52] – Understanding the problem first
- [20:04] – The initial product
- [22:25] – Leal’s use cases
- [25:17] – Raising money
- [26:37] – Advice to other entrepreneurs
- [29:31] – Books, blogs, & podcast recommendations
- [32:00] – Advice to Florence’s younger self
- [33:23] – What’s next for Leal?
Show notes on Latamlist.com.
Alba Rodriguez is on a mission to solve hunger and malnutrition in Mexico. Alba is the founder and CEO of Gricha, a company that sources crickets as the main ingredient in a high-quality, sustainable protein powder.
On this episode, I sat down with Alba to talk about how she came up with the idea to feed people crickets, how she got started as an entrepreneur and what it’s like building a business from the ground up. Her story will inspire you, whether you are launching your own startup or looking for a creative way to solve a problem. Thanks for listening!
What would it look like to manage sales teams and business units in multiple countries simultaneously? On this episode of Crossing Borders, my guest Neil Coleman shares exactly what that looks like, and offers advice for companies looking to scale sales teams and business internationally.
Neil Coleman is an Irish entrepreneur and technology professional. His interest in tech started while he was attending Dublin City University and he has since gone on to manage international teams for IBM, Google, AdRoll, SAY Media and Snapchat. This is one conversation you don’t want to miss!