You can now find the full show notes of the Crossing Borders podcast on LatamList.com’s new podcast section. I’ll still post the audio of the podcast on my blog and I’m planning to start writing more again on my blog, like I used to.
Subscribe to the LatamList Weekly newsletter to get updated on the week’s top tech news and stories from the region.
Thanks for listening to Crossing Borders all these years! If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out here, or contact me on social media.
Outline of this episode:
- [01:25] – About Ozon
- [02:54] – Numbers and stats
- [05:05] – A trend like in South East Asia
- [07:33] – Daniel’s background
- [09:38] – About Muvo and its story
- [13:50] – On launching Ozon
- [15:15] – Lessons learned
- [15:55] – Expanding to Mexico
- [16:37] – Advantages and disadvantages of being multicountry
- [18:44] – Insights on fundraising
- [20:47] – Where is Ozon today?
- [22:04] – Expanding to Brazil
- [22:58] – The Colombian Entrepreneurial Mindset
- [24:47] – Differences and similarities between Colombia and Mexico
- [25:58] – Books and podcasts recommendations
- [27:47] – Advice to a young Daniel
- [28:44] – Plans for the future