You can now find the full show notes of the Crossing Borders podcast on LatamList.com’s new podcast section. I’ll still post the audio of the podcast on my blog and I’m planning to start writing more again on my blog, like I used to.
Subscribe to the LatamList Weekly newsletter to get updated on the week’s top tech news and stories from the region.
Thanks for listening to Crossing Borders all these years! If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out here, or contact me on social media.
Outline of this episode:
- [1:25] – About Fondo de Fondos
- [3:06] – From engineer to investor
- [6:27] – Goal behind Fondo de Fondos
- [9:49] – Investing in funds
- [11:55] – Raising money for a fund of funds
- [15:36] – Ticket sizes at Fondo de Fondos
- [16:40] – Insights on the VC market in Mexico and LatAm
- [21:09] – Attracting local and foreign investors to the region
- [23:27] – The importance of impact investing
- [26:28] – Advice to Jose Miguel’s younger self
- [27:36] – Books, blogs, and podcast recommendations
- [28:49] – What’s next for Fondo de Fondos?