You can now find the full show notes of the Crossing Borders podcast on LatamList.com’s new podcast section. I’ll still post the audio of the podcast on my blog and I’m planning to start writing more again on my blog, like I used to.
Subscribe to the LatamList Weekly newsletter to get updated on the week’s top tech news and stories from the region.
Thanks for listening to Crossing Borders all these years! If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out here, or contact me on social media.
Outline of this episode:
- [1:46] – About Wizeline
- [3:30] – The vision behind the expansion plan
- [5:10] – Bismarck’s nomadic upbringing
- [6:38] – On building wealth
- [8:29] – Entrepreneurship in the media
- [10:40] – From medicine to startups
- [13:04] – Leaving Google
- [14:02] – Lessons learned from starting, building, scaling, and selling a business
- [16:33] – Advice on dealing with boards
- [17:54] – The Telstra deal
- [20:00] – Starting the next company
- [22:34] – What it takes to be successful
- [26:25] – Guadalajara’s tech ecosystem
- [32:55] – Advice to Bismarck’s younger self
- [34:25] – Books, blogs, & podcast recommendations
- [35:20] – What’s next for the companies?