You can now find the full show notes of the Crossing Borders podcast on LatamList.com’s new podcast section. I’ll still post the audio of the podcast on my blog and I’m planning to start writing more again on my blog, like I used to.
Subscribe to the LatamList Weekly newsletter to get updated on the week’s top tech news and stories from the region.
Thanks for listening to Crossing Borders all these years! If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out here, or contact me on social media.
Outline of this episode:
- [01:10] – About R5
- [01:37] – Insurance and lending for vehicles in Colombia
- [03:07] – Fernando’s background
- [03:50] – Steps that Fernando took to start his own business
- [07:50] – Fernando’s decision to move to Colombia
- [09:22] – About ComparaMejor
- [10:32] – Starting a tech company in 2011 in Colombia
- [13:37] – From R5’s idea to creating a business
- [16:41] – How R5 became the business it is today
- [19:29] – Special characteristics of the Colombian lending and insurance market
- [21:08] – Advice to younger self
- [22:34] – Book and podcast recommendations
- [24:25] – What’s next for R5