You can now find the full show notes of the Crossing Borders podcast on LatamList.com’s new podcast section. I’ll still post the audio of the podcast on my blog and I’m planning to start writing more again on my blog, like I used to.
Subscribe to the LatamList Weekly newsletter to get updated on the week’s top tech news and stories from the region.
Thanks for listening to Crossing Borders all these years! If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out here, or contact me on social media.
Outline of this episode:
- [1:17] – About Vexi and Gabriela
- [3:25] – On Vexi’s client base
- [7:54] – From Chihuahua to chilanga
- [9:32] – Falling in love with entrepreneurship
- [12:11] – Being a woman in finance in Mexico
- [13:50] – Lessons learned from working in banks
- [15:56] – Reaction from friends and family
- [17:39] – Choosing Vexi and financial inclusion
- [19:34] – Credit vs. debit
- [22:24] – Avoiding loan sharks
- [24:01] – Tackling financial illiteracy
- [25:50] – Raising money as a female founder
- [29:45] – Recommendations on books, blogs, or podcasts
- [30:56] – Advice on taking the leap
- [32:02] – What’s next for Vexi?