You can now find the full show notes of the Crossing Borders podcast on LatamList.com’s podcast section. I’ll still post the audio of the podcast on my blog and I’m planning to start writing more again on my blog, like I used to.
Subscribe to the LatamList Weekly newsletter to get updated on the week’s top tech news and stories from the region.
Thanks for listening to Crossing Borders all these years! If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out here, or contact me on social media.
Outline of this episode:
- [01:35] – About Klar
- [02:01] – How Klar is an alternative to traditional financial services
- [03:55] – The problem with traditional banks
- [05:30] – Stefan’s background
- [07:35] – Growing up across different cultures
- [09:16] – Stories of Stefan’s past businesses
- [11:25] – Lessons learned through his path in entrepreneurship
- [13:00] – Why did Stefan fund Klar?
- [15:50] – Creating Klar from the start
- [18:38] – Stefan’s take on neobanks
- [20:58] – Discussing the exit of Citi’s retail banking from Mexico
- [22:58] – Fintech’s strategy of bundling services and products
- [25:05] – Raising funding rounds for Klar
- [27:15] – Advice for younger self
- [29:26] – Book recommendations
- [30:30] – The future of Klar