You can now find the full show notes of the Crossing Borders podcast on LatamList.com’s podcast section. I’ll still post the audio of the podcast on my blog and I’m planning to start writing more again on my blog, like I used to.
Subscribe to the LatamList Weekly newsletter to get updated on the week’s top tech news and stories from the region.
Thanks for listening to Crossing Borders all these years! If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out here, or contact me on social media.
Outline of this episode:
- [01:25] – About Prosus Ventures
- [02:47] – What types of companies does Prosus invest in?
- [05:40] – Banafsheh’s background
- [07:59] – Diplomatic training’s lessons
- [09:17] – First connection to Latin America
- [12:15] – Evolution of investment thesis in Latin America.
- [15:39] – Receiving investment from a fund vs. from Prosus Ventures
- [18:23] – Some of Prosus’ most interesting investments
- [23:02] – Being a bullish investor for Latin America
- [27:30] – Advice for founders
- [29:15] – Banafsheh’s recommendations
- [30:30] – Advice to Banafsheh’s younger self
- [32:18] – What’s next for Prosus Ventures?