You can now find the full show notes of the Crossing Borders podcast on LatamList.com’s new podcast section. I’ll still post the audio of the podcast on my blog and I’m planning to start writing more again on my blog, like I used to.
Subscribe to the LatamList Weekly newsletter to get updated on the week’s top tech news and stories from the region.
Thanks for listening to Crossing Borders all these years! If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out here, or contact me on social media.
Outline of this episode:
- [1:35] – About Laboratoria
- [3:45] – Becoming entrepreneurs in Latin America
- [7:01] – A picture Barack Obama and Mark Zuckerberg
- [9:28] – Laboratoria’s success rate
- [11:59] – Choosing the tech path
- [13:54] – What did you do before you saw that weird screen of code?
- [15:31] – Biggest lessons you learned from working in social impact
- [17:48] – Finding a market for Laboratoria
- [19:35] – Thoughts on international expansion
- [22:51] – Raising money for Colombia
- [25:54] – Strategies for hiring more women in tech
- [29:18] – Advice to Mariana’s younger self
- [30:50] – Books, blogs, and podcasts Mariana recommends
- [32:30] – What’s next for Mariana and Laboratoria?