You can now find the full show notes of the Crossing Borders podcast on LatamList.com’s new podcast section. I’ll still post the audio of the podcast on my blog and I’m planning to start writing more again on my blog, like I used to.
Subscribe to the LatamList Weekly newsletter to get updated on the week’s top tech news and stories from the region.
Thanks for listening to Crossing Borders all these years! If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out here, or contact me on social media.
Outline of this episode:
- [02:18] – About Ontop
- [02:39] – Top line metrics from Ontop
- [02:39] – Santiago’s background
- [04:53] – On joining Rappi
- [07:05] – Launching Fitpal
- [08:48] – Santiago’s biggest lessons
- [13:54] – Coming up with the idea for Ontop
- [14:23] – Fundraising for Ontop
- [17:13] – The crazy world of fundraising
- [18:42] – On building a sales engine
- [19:14] – The best salesman (or woman)
- [21:00] – Predictable metrics
- [23:52] – The big milestones
- [27:33] – Being famous is not being successful
- [28:13] – Advice for a younger Santiago
- [31:06] – How to hit network effects
- [32:48] – The importance of hard conversations
- [34:11] – The future of work