You can now find the full show notes of the Crossing Borders podcast on LatamList.com’s new podcast section. I’ll still post the audio of the podcast on my blog and I’m planning to start writing more again on my blog, like I used to.
Subscribe to the LatamList Weekly newsletter to get updated on the week’s top tech news and stories from the region.
Thanks for listening to Crossing Borders all these years! If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out here, or contact me on social media.
Outline of this episode:
- [01:06] – The backstory of creating coffee without coffee beans
- [02:30] – Why is coffee the perfect target?
- [03:28] – Why does coffee contribute to climate change?
- [04:10] – Why do we need to brew coffee without coffee beans?
- [05:10] – Two minute background on Maricel
- [06:05] – First startup experience
- [06:40] – Singularity University and meeting her first co-founder
- [07:10] – From fighting bacteria to fighting climate change
- [08:03] – Can we do something for climate change now?
- [08:40] – From climate anxiety to taking action
- [09:27] – How to take action fighting climate change
- [12:00] – Opening jobs at Compound Foods
- [13:05] – What does it take to build a company like Compound?
- [14:05] – From Costa Rica to the Bay Area
- [15:33] – Fundraising for a live product
- [16:25] – Thoughts on fundraising
- [17:35] – Why is Compound not a synthetic food company?
- [19:50] – What does the future look like?
- [21:05] – Next steps for Compound
- [22:09] – What advice would you give to yourself when you were first getting into tech?