You can now find the full show notes of the Crossing Borders podcast on LatamList.com’s new podcast section. I’ll still post the audio of the podcast on my blog and I’m planning to start writing more again on my blog, like I used to.
Subscribe to the LatamList Weekly newsletter to get updated on the week’s top tech news and stories from the region.
Thanks for listening to Crossing Borders all these years! If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out here, or contact me on social media.
Outline of this episode:
- [01:19] – About Leasy
- [01:46] – Why Leasy’s model makes sense in Latin America
- [04:32] – Financing for ride-hailing drivers in the U.S. versus LatAm
- [09:49] – Gregorio’s background
- [12:15] – How did Gregorio end up in Peru?
- [13:33] – Why Gregorio decided to build Leasy
- [17:33] – Lessons learned from entrepreneurial experiments pre-Leasy
- [19:40] – Steps to build and grow Leasy
- [23:35] – Fundraising in Peru
- [27:06] – Advice on the fundraising process
- [32:16] – Books and podcast recommendations
- [34:48] – Advice to younger self
- [36:53] – What’s next for Leasy