You can now find the full show notes of the Crossing Borders podcast on LatamList.com’s new podcast section. I’ll still post the audio of the podcast on my blog and I’m planning to start writing more again on my blog, like I used to.
Subscribe to the LatamList Weekly newsletter to get updated on the week’s top tech news and stories from the region.
Thanks for listening to Crossing Borders all these years! If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out here, or contact me on social media.
Outline of this episode:
- [01:30] – Laura’s background
- [02:56] – Making the jump from corporate to the startup world
- [04:02] – Why she decided to work in the startup ecosystem
- [05:35] – Steps Magma takes towards an investment
- [07:20] – Advice for filling out Magma’s Memo
- [09:45] – What a first call with Magma Analysts looks like
- [11:37] – Founder market fit
- [14:30] – The decision to make an investment
- [15:20] – Processes after investing in a startup
- [18:34] – What does an Investment Analyst do day to day
- [22:22] – Advice to herself when starting her journey at Magma
- [23:24] – Laura’s favorite things about working at Magma
- [24:53] – Book and podcast recommendations