You can now find the full show notes of the Crossing Borders podcast on LatamList.com’s new podcast section. I’ll still post the audio of the podcast on my blog and I’m planning to start writing more again on my blog, like I used to.
Subscribe to the LatamList Weekly newsletter to get updated on the week’s top tech news and stories from the region.
Thanks for listening to Crossing Borders all these years! If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out here, or contact me on social media.
Outline of this episode:
- [01:20] – About Belo
- [01:59] – What does inflation look like in Latin America versus the U.S.?
- [04:30] – Manuel’s background
- [06:00] – Previous ventures before Belo
- [10:27] – Why is bitcoin popular in Argentina?
- [13:25] – Why Manuel started Belo instead of anything else
- [16:30] – How clients use Belo
- [19:43] – How will Belo’s use cases and products evolve?
- [23:11] – Misunderstandings of crypto and Web3
- [25:56] – Book recommendations
- [26:45] – Advice to younger self
- [28:20] – What’s next for Belo