You can now find the full show notes of the Crossing Borders podcast on LatamList.com’s new podcast section. I’ll still post the audio of the podcast on my blog and I’m planning to start writing more again on my blog, like I used to.
Subscribe to the LatamList Weekly newsletter to get updated on the week’s top tech news and stories from the region.
Thanks for listening to Crossing Borders all these years! If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out here, or contact me on social media.
Outline of this episode:
- [01:34] – About Plerk
- [04:10] – Miguel’s background
- [05:58] – Work experience before being an entrepreneur
- [08:30] – Launching Rappi in Latin American cities
- [10:20] – Turning point of Miguel’s coming of age
- [12:13] – Biggest lessons learned at Rappi
- [13:15] – Making his own path
- [15:33] – The origins of Plerk
- [17:57] – Overcoming obstacles in entrepreneurship
- [20:15] – Creating an ecosystem with Plerk
- [22:44] – How fintechs are disrupting the industry
- [24:03] – Miguel’s recommendations
- [24:37] – Advice to younger self
- [25:10] – Next years for Plerk