You can now find the full show notes of the Crossing Borders podcast on LatamList.com’s new podcast section. I’ll still post the audio of the podcast on my blog and I’m planning to start writing more again on my blog, like I used to.
Subscribe to the LatamList Weekly newsletter to get updated on the week’s top tech news and stories from the region.
Thanks for listening to Crossing Borders all these years! If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out here, or contact me on social media.
Outline of this episode:
- [01:23] – The day-to-day as an Investment Analyst
- [02:16] – Alexa’s background
- [04:18] – Working at a startup accelerator
- [05:28] – Starting at Magma Partners
- [06:28] – Alexa’s evolution as an Investment Analyst
- [09:28] – Do’s and Don’ts for founders
- [11:24] – Red flags when meeting startups
- [14:51] – What’s interesting about tech in LatAm?
- [16:46] – What does Magma look for in candidates for Investment Analyst positions?
- [19:50] – Advice to younger self
- [21:53] – Alexa’s favorite things about working at Magma
- [23:37] – Book recommendations