This post is the fourth in a series about Latin American venture capital ecosystems. Read the post on the Chilean Venture Capital, Peru Venture Capital, Colombia Venture Capital, Highlighting Latin American Startups. Hopefully it’s helpful. Let me know what I missed and got wrong!
Mexico is the most interesting startup ecosystem in Latin America. It’s interesting because:
- Population (125m, Mexico City has more people than Chile)
- Biggest Latin American economy leads to startups servicing local market
- Proximity to the US leads to more global vision from entrepreneurs
- US companies with their tech back offices in Mexico
- US funds with presence in Mexico
There are three important cities for tech in Mexico, although there is activity in many other cities, too.