You can now find the full show notes of the Crossing Borders podcast on LatamList.com’s new podcast section. I’ll still post the audio of the podcast on my blog and I’m planning to start writing more again on my blog, like I used to.
Subscribe to the LatamList Weekly newsletter to get updated on the week’s top tech news and stories from the region.
Thanks for listening to Crossing Borders all these years! If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out here, or contact me on social media.
Outline of this episode:
- [1:21] – Nathan introduces Daneil Undurraga
- [2:02] – Inside the acquisition process
- [5:07] – How has living in different places influenced your life?
- [6:06] – What do you see in Chile now?
- [9:14] – Did you always know you wanted to be an entrepreneur?
- [12:00] – What was it like trying to raise money in 2007 in Chile?
- [14:12] – The background on Needish
- [21:02] – Why did you decide to go to San Francisco?
- [24:58] – VCs in LatAm or US?
- [26:22] – What was your experience with Chilean funds?
- [28:00] – Advice for founders on raising money
- [29:50] – How can copycat companies be successful in LatAm?
- [31:00] – Why launch in two countries at once?
- [32:40] – Stay in one country or target the region?
- [34:15] – When did you know the company would succeed?
- [36:00] – If you could make one change to the LatAm ecosystem, what would it be?
- [38:10] – What’s next for you and Cornershop?
- [39:15] – Daniels advice to his younger self