You can now find the full show notes of the Crossing Borders podcast on LatamList.com’s podcast section. I’ll still post the audio of the podcast on my blog and I’m planning to start writing more again on my blog, like I used to.
Subscribe to the LatamList Weekly newsletter to get updated on the week’s top tech news and stories from the region.
Thanks for listening to Crossing Borders all these years! If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out here, or contact me on social media.
Outline of this episode:
- [01:09] – About Zenfi
- [02:10] – Zenfi’s credit scores
- [03:22] – Misconceptions and inefficiencies of the credit scoring system
- [05:20] – Zenfi in numbers
- [08:47] – Luis Rubén’s background
- [11:10] – Why is the traditional financial system stalled?
- [15:30] – Zenfi’s fintech marketplace
- [19:31] – The fintech ecosystem in Mexico in the last 5 years
- [25:10] – Reading recommendations
- [28:01] – Advice for a younger Luis Rubén
- [31:45] – The future of Zenfi