You can now find the full show notes of the Crossing Borders podcast on LatamList.com’s new podcast section. I’ll still post the audio of the podcast on my blog and I’m planning to start writing more again on my blog, like I used to.
Subscribe to the LatamList Weekly newsletter to get updated on the week’s top tech news and stories from the region.
Thanks for listening to Crossing Borders all these years! If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out here, or contact me on social media.
Outline of this episode
- [1:24] – Federico’s background and current business – CargoX: Uber for trucks
- [4:03] – How did a guy from a small town in Patagonia build this kind of business?
- [8:12] – The response of family and friends when Federico decided to leave his cushy job
- [11:07] – Running his startup from a toilet stall – breaking into his own
- [14:39] – How Federico shut down his startup, regrouped, and started with a new USP
- [15:51] – Starting over: raise funds or find clients?
- [19:55] – The turning point that made the business take off
- [23:57] – Advice to founders about raising money
- [28:28] – Why silicon valley investors should consider Latin American companies
- [30:14] – What would Federico tell himself if he could advise himself from the start
- [34:58] – The next steps for CargoX